Principles of Ecotourism
La Ruta de Sonora Ecotourism Association is committed to providing real ecotourism experiences for its guests. La Ruta defines ecotourism as responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and sustains the well-being of local people. For this reason, we work exclusively with local operators and tour guides. Additionally, a portion of your dollars will support conservation efforts through the La Ruta conservation fund.
Our guides are committed to providing guests with an authentic adventure experience at affordable prices, while encouraging the sustainability of local customs and the protection of the region’s natural resources. La Ruta trains and certifies local guides. We also ask our guest to agree to a Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct for La Ruta Visitors
- The earth and the sea are fragile. Respect them.
- Leave only footprints. Take only photographs.
- Respect others’ customs, manners, and cultures.
- Ask permission before photographing anyone.
- Always follow designated trails and roadways.
- As you travel, remember to reduce, recycle, and reuse.
- Support the people, products, and services of La Ruta.
For more information about traveling responsibly and selecting an ecotourism provider, please visit The Ecotourism Society’s home page.
La Ruta de Sonora • Phone: 1.800.806.0766 • Email: [email protected]